Friday, January 7, 2011

Zanzibar... Paradise.

I will elaborate more about my holidays when work quiets down a bit, but for now feast your eyes on these (for all of you computer illiterate folk, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger) :
Narrow Streets of Stonetown.


Kendwa Rocks, at the northern tip of Zanzibar Island

BARBEQUE DREAMLAND!!!!! Formally known as Forodhani Gardens until we rolled into Stonetown...

Celebrating NYE in sweaty-style. Me, Sarah and Caro (Caro's clearly being the jokester she is)

Kendwa and the Indian Ocean!

View from the restaurant at dusk

So clearly I recommend that ANYONE who has the chance to go to this place, GO. I would say that JUST because of the seafood itself, however, as you can see, there was a littleeee bit more than that to offer.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year :) Thanks to everyone for keeping in touch during what was a strange (read: in a good way, just different) but unforgettable holiday season. So thankful for everything. Missing all of you and can't believe there are less than 2 months until I get back!?! Surreal is alls I can say.

Love L

PS Check out a couple of Ravi's (the intern who was here in Caroline's position before we got here) last blog posts. I share a lot of his sentiments but am nowhere near as articulate as him so I really enjoy reading them.
http://ravijaipaul.blogspot.com/2010/12/dreams-reality.html
http://ravijaipaul.blogspot.com/2011/01/it-begins-end.html

No comments:

Post a Comment