Monday, October 18, 2010

Language Barriers. Better than any comic strip you'll ever see.

Here's a little Monday reading for all y'all.

Background info: Previous intern Anthony arranged for a laptop battery to be sent to Rwanda from Canada with my friend Robyn.

Email from Anthony to 'Peter':

Hi Jean Pierre,

The lap top battery is with Lauren, the new intern from Canada in the BLS Department. Ask Penda to help you meet her. Hope you are well!

Mwaramuke,

Anthony


Subsequent email from 'Peter' to A:

hahahahaahah, mwaramuke!!! u just say MURAMUKE instead. Thanks for the consideration, It's now easy to get the battery from Lauren. It is fortunate to hear that she is "her" to mean a woman. Is she a girl still. Let me hope that I can have with her a deal which is beyond battery. have a say on that? hahahaha I wish u were so near that we can share some  PRIMUS.
 
But, tell me: have u started work there? or are u in process to continue studies? I hope things are going alright to u.
 
My regards to friends and family


He has since asked me to share said Primus. Hopefully he noticed that yes, I am still a girl/woman, not a boy or man, and that a deal beyond battery is probably not in the cards.. haha

I'll write a (hopefully) more intellectually stimulating post soon, although this is one of my favourite topics.

Missing the crisp autumn air of the Maritimes! Yet also loving the 20-plus degrees...
Much love,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment